Women in Sports: It’s a theme that has been gaining popularity and momentum for decades now. While more and more female athletes are emerging, the realm of professional sports remains male-dominated. At Bat and Ball Game, we’d like to take do our part to promote greater awareness while empowering women through sports – and we’re proud to announce our women’s sports scholarship, which includes one award to a deserving young athlete.
Who Is Eligible to Apply: Sports Scholarship Requirements
At Bat and Ball Game, we know that participation in sports can increase success in professional life. Our current sports scholarship opportunity is open to female students who are studying for a degree in one or more of the following:
- Sports Science
- Sports Physiotherapy
- Sports Management
- Physical and Sport Education
- Sport Psychology
- Sports Nutrition
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Any Sports-related degree
Bat and Ball Game is pleased to offer a $1,000 scholarship. The winners may choose to have funds directly deposited to their accounts, or paid to their school’s Financial Aid department.
Higher education is expensive, and scholarships ease the financial burdens faced by students and their families. Bat and Ball Game recognizes the fact that participation in sports empowers women not just on the playing field, but in all aspects of life. We are extending this opportunity as part of an ongoing effort to make higher education more accessible while promoting participation in women’s college-level sports.
- Write an original essay on one of the following topics:
- Are there women in sports today that you see as role models? Who and why?
- Why is baseball important to the sporting world in general?
- Where will the sport of baseball be 10 years from now?
- In your perspective, how has sport changed in the last two decades?
- Applicants’ essays will be judged on thoughtfulness, creativity, and a demonstrated knowledge of sport.
- All scholarship essays must be submitted in English.
- All essays should be 400 to 600 words in length.
- Submissions will be accepted from 12/01/2017 to 05/30/2018.
- Submit your essay and personal details via email email@example.com
- Note that in accordance with the terms and conditions of this scholarship, your bio and essay may be published on Bat and Ball Game’s website, blog, and social media platforms including Twitter, and Facebook.
- The scholarship winner must provide the following:
- Proof of identity
- Confirmation of their current enrollment at an accredited institution
- Qualifying universities and colleges include accredited institutions listed on the U.S. Department of Education Website. Any school transfers are subject to the same accreditation guidelines.
- The board of judges will make its decision by 06/15/2018 date, after which the scholarship winner will be notified.
- Funds are provided by Bat and Ball Game, and will be deposited directly to the winners’ bank accounts or made payable to their universities’ Financial Aid departments.
- There is no application fee for participation in this women’s sports scholarship opportunity.
Additional Terms and Conditions
- The deadline date for this scholarship is subject to change.
- Bat and Ball Game is not responsible for entries not received by the submission due date for whatever reasons.
- All essay submissions become the property of Bat and Ball Game upon receipt, and may be displayed or posted online.
- This scholarship is in no way endorsed, administered, or sponsored by outside entities including Twitter, Facebook, or any other social network.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org